So I went to the dr today and was put on bed rest until further notice. I go back in tomorrow and Wednesday. I have Preeclampsia aka toxemia. For those of you who dont know what that is(which is few) its a pregnancy-related condition that causes high blood pressure and affects the mother's kidneys, liver, brain, and placenta. If untreated, preeclampsia may damage the mother's liver or kidneys, deprive the fetus of oxygen, and cause eclampsia (seizures). Right now I am doing a 24 hour urine test. I get to pee in a bucket for 24 hours and keep it in the fridge. Then they will take blood and compare the protein in my urine with the blood. And test to see if my kidneys are having problems. He kept telling me he will be surprised if I make it full term and just wants to try to get me to 30 weeks for a better delivery and healthy baby. Brian and I are super nervous, and like every parent just want our baby to be healthy. I will keep you all updated as soon as we find out more information.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
7 comments:
I am so, so sorry about your bad news. That's always scary to hear, but we will keep you and your little Boy in our prayers. Rest as much as you can, try to relax and stay positive : )
Bummer hun!! That sucks. I really hope everything is ok. Hopefully you little babe will be able to stay in as long as possible.
How sad! That is not fun! At least your dr caught it. My mom had that too and didn't do well.....try keeping my mom down!!! I hope all goes well for you and the baby. Rest, rest, rest!!!
i'm sorry to hear the news...please be careful and know that i'm thinking about you! i was SO excited to get a message from you! i'm glad you wrote to me! congratulations of graduating! and the baby!
luv ya!
Lindsay,
I'm so sorry. I had it too, it'll be okay. They'll take good care of you. I went in to do the 24 hour urine thing too and they ended up inducing me. If you need someone to chat with let me know.
Lacey
That sucks! I am so sorry!! I had that but I had already been in labor for 4 days so they induced me right away. They gave me magnesium during delivery - which helped but isn't any fun! Good luck and you are in our prayers. Call me if you need anything!!
I had that too, with Corey. I had him 4 weeks early (induced). How are things now?
Post a Comment